Rach Says Hello
Simplification
Follow
Dashboard
Posts About Stuff Linkies

Hello hello! (:
Saturday, August 27, 2011 | 3:42 AM | 0 Kawaii ?

So I've been gone for pretty long now. Currently on one week of school hols (; Many things happened this week, honestly. Last month, Hazelle from Nail de Royale contacted me and on Wednesday, I received a few products that they've sent me. Will do a review soon. Thanks again! Do check out their store. I've attached their banner/logo at the right sidebar. 


Went to PFD today. Yes, it IS a Saturday and well, it's the parent-facilitator-dialogue thing to discuss our mid-term exam results. AAAANNND I GOT STRAIGHT As! (: If I worked harder, I would've gotten like straight A-pluses, most of my As were like, ALMOST NINETY. For my Biology, I had like EIGHTY-NINE. EIGHTY-NINE! THAT'S ONE MARK AWAY FROM AN A PLUS! AARGH. The agony. Only got an A+ for Add Math. And it's only NINETY-ONE. Yes, yes, many people would say, "Pft, nonsense. You should be glad that you got all As. Why fret over not getting A pluses?" Trust me, if you're in my shoes, you'd try to bargain with the teacher for an A+. 'Cos you're THIS CLOSE to getting one. JUST ONE MARK AWAY! AARGH. An extra A+ in my results paper wouldn't hurt anyoneeee. :P Well, that's just me. I'm kind of..particular about my report cards. Not trying to be "kiasu" (uhm..it's..Hokkien for..afraid of losing) or what not. 


Next, it's the *dread* Chinese Hungry Ghost season. Argh. For those of you who do not know
what the Hungry Ghost season is all about, Wikipedia says: 

"The Ghost Festival, also known as the Hungry Ghost Festival, is a traditional Chinese festival and holiday celebrated by Chinese in many countries. In the Chinese calendar, the Ghost Festival is on the 15th night of the seventh lunar month (14th in southern China).
In Chinese tradition, the fifteenth day of the seventh month in the lunar calendar is calledGhost Day and the seventh month in general is regarded as the Ghost Month (鬼月), in which ghosts and spirits, including those of the deceased ancestors, come out from the lower realm.
Elaborate meals (often vegetarian meals) would be served with empty seats for each of the deceased in the family treating the deceased as if they are still living. Ancestor worship is what distinguishes Qingming Festival from Ghost Festival because the latter includes paying respects to all deceased, including the same and younger generations, while the former only includes older generations. Other festivities may include, buying and releasing miniature paper boats and lanterns on water, which signifies giving directions to the lost ghosts and spirits of the ancestors and other deities. " 

I'm not a Buddhist so I don't take part in this Festival. During this festival, mini-concerts are held in residential areas and the one in my area happens to be just right behind my house. AAAAAH. So my family and I are now, in a hotel, far away from the city (TROLOL) because the we haven't been able to sleep these days. It starts like, at around 4 (the rehearsals and what not) and ends till like, 11-12 am..? Yeah, so it's like boom boom boom-ing . It's like so loud that you can't really hear yourself think. Heh. And well, the singers they hire..aren't the best vocalists. lol. And I think they played like Justin Bieber's Baby a few times. Anyway, listening to techno-ish club music and out-of-tune singing doesn't really help you go to sleep. So, yeah. x) We're far away from that now, enjoying the peace and quietness..of..the..hotel. HAHAH. (;   



So that's about it for this week! (: Thanks for dropping by!


Kimchigirl  



Labels: ,




Older Post . Newer Post

Cutely Made by : Ieka Salju | Cute BG : AtiQah
Owned by : Rachel Tan
Best View in Google Chrome